We are celebrating our 23rd year of giving grants to schools across America.
From 1990-2013 we have donated to over 870 schools in 300 cities and 42 states!
Protocol for Mississippi Schools
Funded through the Blue Cross & Blue
Shield of Mississippi Foundation
Due dates to submit Mississippi
BMI and Fitness Level data:
May 1, 2013; September 15, 2013;
May 1, 2014
Steps to submit BMI and Fitness Level data:
- Choose one class from three different grade levels, with a minimum of 75 students. Data will be tracked for the same 75 students over a two-year period; therefore, exclude the highest grade level. If a student included in the 75 moves to another school following the entry of pre date, leave the pre data on the spreadsheet and enter the word MOVED in the post date column.
- Download the file: PFA
Workbook Do not make
any formatting changes to the PFA Workbook.
(Excel spreadsheet with built-in calculations
for fitness and BMI tests)
- Record BMI data for each student on the BMI Pre & Post
- Assign a number to each student
- Record the following:
- Grade Level
- Birth Date (MM/DD/YEAR)
- Date of Measurement
- Height in feet and inches (to the nearest 1/8
- Weight (to the nearest 1/4 lb.)
BMI for Age Percentile, and Value columns
will automatically populate on the BMI Pre & Post
worksheet. The BMI Summary worksheet will
also automatically populate.
- Record the following fitness test scores on the Fitness
Test Results worksheet:
- Modified pull up (timed for 30 seconds)
- Vault bar jump (timed for 30 seconds)
- Sit ups (timed for 60 seconds)
- Quarter mile run
|Note: The following data should be entered on
the BMI Pre and Post Worksheet. This data will
then automatically populate on the Fitness Test
Results Worksheet: Student Number, Grade Level,
Birth Date, and Gender.
- E-mail PFA Workbook file
Due dates to submit Other Data:
June 1, 2013; June 1, 2014
Steps to submit Other Data:
- Download the file: Other
Data Workbook. Do not make any
formatting changes to the Other Data Workbook. (Excel spreadsheet
with built-in calculations).
- Record number of disciplinary occurrences, number of absenteeism
occurrences, and average number of minutes per week students
spend with Project Fit America equipment and curriculum (enter
as a number of minutes).
- E-mail Other Data Workbook file
Questions? Call us anytime!! 800-711-4348